Objective: Empower and enrich students with the necessary tools to develop and grow as professionals and leaders
To enable programs that enhance the holistic development and experiences
To plug the students into the IUCEE Foundation eco-system to learn and share with association and activities
Vision: IUCEE Foundation to enable 20 Student Projects of social relevance/year; 5 Incubated Start-Ups in 5 years; 50 Publications/Patents in 3 years
Dynamic student leaders from several IUCEE Consortium institutions have set up IUCEE Student Chapters recently.
News from 7 of these chapters can be seen at https://iucee.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/IUCEE-Student-Chapters-News-March-2021-2.pdf
How to start a IUCEE Student Chapter at your Institute
- IUCEE Student Chapters are led by Students, guided by IUCEE
- It requires 10 interested students to start a Chapter and there is no upper limit on how many students can join the Chapter
- Each Student Chapter is specific to the Institute and brings together students from all branches and any semester of course
- Think about what the mission of your Chapter should be. Since IUCEE has the mission to improve engineering education, the chapter mission should be related.
- Form the chapter and elect officers: President, VP, Secretary and Treasurer.
- The elected officers should consider rotation of their roles within regular time frame.
- The Chapter should also create a system of nomination, recruitment and hiring of new members in the chapter
- Define and hand over roles and responsibilities as students move on
- All members should bring ideas and brainstorm together and prepare a short statement of the objectives of the chapter based on the mission.
- Convince a faculty member to be Faculty Mentor to your Chapter
- Request the Faculty Mentor to take you to meet the Principal of your institution.
- Request permission from your Principal regarding formation of Chapter. Since your institution is already a member of IUCEE, your Principal already is aware of the benefits from IUCEE Foundation
- There is no FEE required to start the Chapter
- The Institute can create a shared account for Student Chapter to receive donations and funding for the projects which will be done as part of Student Chapter
- The Account should be managed by Chapter Treasurer under supervision by the Faculty Coordinator
- The Chapter is free to define roadmaps of activities year round
- Chapters should plan to host Tech Talks, Quizzes, Debates, Competitions, Projects, Bootcamps etc. and release an Event Calendar for the year
- IUCEE will help guide the Chapter activities wherever and whenever needed but not restricted to.
- Chapters are encouraged to reach out to IUCEE members, Industry folks, Alumni, Seniors, Faculty Leaders etc. to conduct their activities
- Chapters Officers must attend (President, Vice-President, Faculty Coordinator, Secretary) monthly meetings with IUCEE, set up every 3rd Saturday of the month at 7 PM
- Please join the Telegram Link for Student Chapters to stay connected with all Student Chapters and to receive notices and updates https://t.me/joinchat/mkp9nmWqGj41N2Q1
- Create a Website for your Student Chapter either as part of your Institution Website or a free site on googlesites. Develop and maintain your website. Share the website link so that it can be included on the IUCEE website as well
- For any clarification or queries, Telegram/Call +91 98183 57105 or write to Sampada@iucee.org. Sampada Pachaury will be assisting your Chapter formation and activities from IUCEE Foundation.
As soon as your Chapter Mission and Objectives are ready and Student Officers are elected, you can launch an Inauguration Session of your Chapter by inviting 1 or 2 IUCEE Leaders, Student officers, Faculty Coordinator, Principal and a few other leaders of your Institution. Call at the number given above to learn more on how to set up the Inauguration. Happy Leading !!!
Existing IUCEE Student Chapters
|Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai, TN||https://sites.google.com/view/ewb-tce/home#h.7h41b1so0ful|
|Hyderabad Institute Of Technology And Management, Hyderabad, TS||https://sites.google.com/hitam.org/iucee-ewb-hitam|
|Vasireddy Venkatadri Institute of Technology, Guntur, AP||https://sites.google.com/view/ewb-vvit/home|
|Sree Vidyanikethan Engineering College, Tirupati, AP||https://sites.google.com/view/svec-ewb/home|
|MLR Institute Of Technology, Hyderabad, TS||https://ewbiuceemlrit.ml/team.html|
|Saintgits College of Engineering, Kottayam, KL||https://www.iuceesaintgits.com/|
|CMR College of Engineering and Technology, Hyderabad, TS||https://sites.google.com/cmrcet.org/ewbcmrcet/home|
|Malnad College Of Engineering, Hassan, KN||https://sites.google.com/view/iucee-ewb-mce/home|
|Rajarambapu Institute of Technology , Islampur, MH||https://sites.google.com/u/0/d/11Ng4vpP-dMiOnubPPNuRSgy9ALD8Fjjq/p/1i_0Xj6l88e0OHB9pF7_Vc73M1LRgunrA/preview?authuser=0|
|Gayatri Vidya Parishad College of Engineering , Visakhapatnam, AP||https://sites.google.com/view/iuceescgvpce/home|
|B H Gardi College of Engineering and Technology, Rajkot, GJ||http://gardividyapith.ac.in/IuceeStudent/home|
|DKTE Society’s Textile and Engineering Institute, Ichalkaranji, MH||https://sites.google.com/view/ewbdkte/home|
|AISSMS College of Engineering, Pune, MH||https://sites.google.com/view/iucee-studentchapter-aissmscoe/home|
|PSG Institutions, Coimbatore, TN||https://psgiucee.wixsite.com/psgiuceestudentchapt|
|St Joseph Engineering College, Mangalore, KN||https://sites.google.com/view/sjec-iucee/about-us|