Leadership Summit 2020
Vision and History
The Annual Leadership Summit was an outcome of the realization among several leaders of IUCEE institutions that good governance and institutional leadership is fundamental to the survival and progress of Indian engineering institutions in the challenging times. The vision of the Leadership Summit is to bring together leadership teams of Consortium institutions in order to share and collaborate. The participation is limited to three members of the leadership of each institution, including management and academic leaders. The venue was chosen as Goa in order to encourage sharing in a relaxed environment. The first Annual Leadership Summit in 2017 laid out the objectives of the Annual Leadership Summit.
- Sharing and learning from the case studies of ‘successful Institutional transformations’, through good governance and effective leadership and for institutions to identify specific areas for improve
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities of the leaders in the institutional transformational process and the competencies they need to develop and establish a plan for development of these competencies
- Understanding the systemic tools and frameworks that can be used to lead the engineering colleges and Universities to achieve excellence and to identify which two or three tools to be selected for deployment in the next year.
The 2018 Leadership Summit was able to bring to the Summit, more than 16 international experts in engineering education who were part of the AP ICTIEE 2018 Conference in partnership with Andhra Pradesh State Skill Development Council (APSSDC). A team connected with the Confederation of Indian Industries showcased the process by which several industry groups in India were able to improve their quality through collaborations. Members of the IUCEE Global Industry Advisory Forum (GIAF) decided to follow the example of the industry group. The Collaborations Groups were formed for sharing best practices among IUCEE institutions. More than 40 institutions participated.
The 2019 Leadership Summit highlighted emerging new collaborations with Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET), Engineers Without Borders (EWB) as well as entrepreneurs for a Clean and Green Campus and Education Augmentation (IIT Bombay and Drona Edutronics). Collaboration Group Sessions were led by members of Global Industrial Advisory Forum.
- Promoting Project Based Learning
- Scaling up IUCEE International Engineering Educators Certification Program
- Implementing Outcomes Based Education
- Fostering Entrepreneurship
- Setting up Teaching and Learning Centers
- Enhancing First Year Engineering Education
- Conducting Engineering Education Research
Industry partners (Dassault Systemes, National Instruments, Mathworks) participated in a panel session. More than 40 participating institutions shared in informal sessions and prepared plans for the coming year.
Program Coordinator: Mr. Jayant Sathe
Fees: Rs. 15,000 for Consortium Institutions (3 leaders); Rs. 25,000 for non Consortium (3 leaders)
Mr. Jayant Sathe