Become a IUCEE Consortium Member
History and Vision
IUCEE was formed by a group of academic and industrial experts from India and the US and gradually included experts from other countries as well. The vision of IUCEE is to improve the quality and global relevance of engineering education in India.
The initial idea was to build a bridge between engineering educators in the US and engineering educators in India, thereby improving the ability of educators in India to offer higher quality of education to their students. For the first two years in 2008 and 2009, US experts travelled to India to discuss global best practices in teaching and research in their field with Indian faculty at Faculty Leadership Institutes. Funding from Desh and Jaishree Deshpande of Deshpande Foundation and N.R. Narayana Murthy of Infosys provided support for travel and honorarium of US experts. Kris Gopalakrishnan of Infosys offered support by hosting 46 one-week workshops at the Mysore campus of Infosys. A IUCEE network of more than 1000 faculty members and leaders from over 100 engineering colleges from all over India resulted.
However, sustaining the initial enthusiasm for transformation, by participants of these workshops, became a problem because of inertia and lack of awareness among the other faculty and leaders of their institutions. IUCEE realized that sustainability of the mission of IUCEE requires an ecosystem for transformation with focus on faculty development, student development, curriculum development, as well as improved teaching technologies & engineering education research. The mission of IUCEE is, hence, to provide this ecosystem which will foster the employability, entrepreneurship and leadership skills of engineering graduates.
The IUCEE Consortium is a network of institutions forming the core of the ecosystem for the required transformation. These institutions value such an ecosystem by sharing, collaborating and contributing to it and making it financially sustainable.
The IUCEE Consortium was formed with 25 institutions and now has nearly 75 institutional members. Annual fees from these institutions enable IUCEE to maintain a minimum staff for operations and to support essential travel and infrastructure. Members of the consortium receive special assistance in establishing collaborations with international experts and institutions.
Annual Consortium Membership fees are $ 1,000 (Rs. 75,000)
Benefits of becoming a consortium member
- Regular information regarding webinars and all IUCEE programs
- FREE live IUCEE Virtual Academy webinars and blended courses on-line are conducted regularly (several every week) by global experts. IUCEE members have FREE access to recordings of all webinars conducted since 2010
- 25% discount on IUCEE International Engg. Educator Certification Program (IIEECP), offered in collaboration with International Society for Engg. Education IGIP Austria.
- 33% discount on membership of EPICS Partnership for Project Based Learning and Design Thinking in partnership with Purdue University.
- 50% discounted fees for Student Leadership Course offered every semester with Engineers Without Borders.
- 33% discounted registration fees for Annual International Conference on Transformations in Engineering Education (ICTIEE).
- FREE membership in IUCEE Collaboration Groups coordinated by Global Industry Advisory Forum (GIAF) on various topics relevant to employability skills, teaching and learning, outcome based education, project based learning, engineering education research and entrepreneurship.
- 33% discounted fees to exclusive Annual Leadership Summits in Goa, during which industry facilitators work with IUCEE institutional leaders on strategic planning and quality improvement initiatives.
- 50% discounts on fees for new strategic initiatives such as “Clean and Green Campus” and “STEAM Education”.
- Free access to webinars and workshops by corporate sponsors of IUCEE on emerging technologies and use of latest tools.
- 25% discount on subscription to Journal of Engineering Education Transformations.
- Connections with over 200 global experts who can provide:
- Short workshops or courses for faculty and/or students when travelling to India.
- Guest presentations at International Conferences.
- Guidance on preparation for Outcomes Based Education
- Guidance on Improving Academic Curriculum in existing programmes or for starting new programmes
- Facilitation of collaborations with US colleges including visits to US universities, MOUs, Centers of Excellence, twinning programs, faculty and student exchanges.
- 25 % discounted registration fees at events organized by International Federation for Engg. Education Societies IFEES and Global Engineering Deans Council GEDC.
Process to become a member
Krishna Vedula: Krishna_Vedula@uml.edu or
Kantha Reddy: email@example.com