Thu July 11
- Pre-Summit All Day ABET Workshop: Dr. Winston Erevelles, Adjunct Accreditation Director, ABET:
Session I : 9:30 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
- Welcome, Introduction, and Desired Results; What is Accreditation?
- What are General Accreditation Criteria? What are Program Criteria?
- What are Program Educational Objectives? Why are They Important to ABET Accreditation?
- What are Student Outcomes? How are They Different from PEOs? Why are They Important to ABET
Session II: 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- What is Continuous Improvement?
- What are Assessment and Evaluation?
- In-Depth Review of General Engineering Criteria
- In-Depth Review of Engineering Program Criteria
Session III: 2:00 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.
- Is My Program Ready For Accreditation?
- What is a Readiness Review?
- How Does a Program Request ABET Accreditation?
- What is a Program Self-Study Report? How Should a Program Prepare a Self-Study Report?
Session IV 3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Where Does an ABET Visiting Team Come From? How is an ABET Visiting Team Formed?
- How Does an ABET Visiting Team Prepare for a Review?
- How is an ABET Site Visit Conducted?
- What Happens After the Team Leaves the Institution Site?
- How is the Accreditation Action Determined?
Welcome Cocktail Dinner: 7:00 pm
Introduction of GIAF members and IUCEE Team
Fri July 12
- 9:30 am Introductions
- 10:00 am Social Entrepreneurship: Mr. Deepak Ghadia, Solar Cookers International
- 11:00 am Parallel Cluster Sessions
- Promoting Community Project Based Learning (CPBL)
- Scaling up IUCEE International Engineering Educators Certification Program (IIEECP)
- Teaching Entrepreneurship
- 12:30 pm Engineering Without Borders: Mr. Rajeev Lal, EWB India
- 2:00 pm Outcomes Based Education: Dr. Winston Erevelles, ABET Adj Accreditation Director, US
- 2:30 pm Structured Technical Enhancement Program Sampada Pachaury, Electronic Sector Skills CI
- 3:30 pm Parallel Cluster Sessions:
- Setting up Teaching and Learning Centers (TLC)
- Implementing Outcomes Based Education (OBE)
- Conducting Engineering Education Research (EER)
- 5:00 pm Rural Technology Action Group (RUTAG): Dr. Abhijit Deshpande, IITM
- 5:30 pm BioMimicry and Sustainable Design: Prashant Dhawan, Biomimicry India
Networking Cocktail Dinner
Sat July 13
- 9:30 am Crafting Minds for the 21st Century: Mr. Aditya Bhatnagar
- 10:00 am Technology for Education: Dr. Sridhar Iyer, IIT Bombay
- 11:00 am Parallel Cluster Sessions:
- Harnessing Technology (HTECH)
- First Year Engineering Experiences (FYEE)
- Industry 4.0
- 12:30 pm Strategic Planning Collaborations
- 2:00 pm Tools for Collaboration: Industry Panel
- 3:00 pm Sharing Plans
- 5:00 pm Adjourn
Fees for participation:
- ABET workshop ONLY on July 11: Rs. 3,000 (includes Cocktail Dinner on July 11)
- IUCEE Summit ONLY on July 12, 13: Rs. 6,500 (includes Cocktail Dinners on July 11 and 12)
- Both ABET Workshop and IUCEE Summit: Rs. 9,000 (includes Cocktail Dinners on July 11 and 12)
- NEFT transfer to Lakshmi Vilas Bank, Branch address: Punjagutta, Hyderabad; Bank Account Name: Indo US Collaboration For Engineering Education(IUCEE); Bank: IFSC Code: LAVB0000551;Current Account No: 0551360000001724
- Prepare DD in favor of “Indo US Collaboration for Engineering Education” payable at Hyderabad. Send the DD to our IUCEE office address: Indo US Collaboration for Engineering Education (IUCEE) Plot no: 153, Sitha Nilayam, Dwarakapuri Colony, Punjagutta, Hyderabad – 500082. Also, please email soft copy of the DD to Kantha Reddy (email@example.com).
Location and Accommodation:
International Center Goa: http://www.internationalcentregoa.com/
Rooms have been reserved at Special Rates for IUCEE. Please email Kantha Reddy (firstname.lastname@example.org) for Reservation Code.